Posted to alt.home.repair
George George is offline

Default Too much Michael Jackson

Ed Pawlowski wrote:
"Red Green" wrote in message
But if you bought one in the next 30 minutes, they'd send a second
free.

what's funny is that I see the same products in local stores,and they
include the "2nd one free",and you don't pay outrageous shipping and
handling charges. I saw one product today that wanted $16.95 S&H.

SOmebody fill me in on this...

Seeing a lot of adds lately where there's "2nd one free". You only pay
SEPARATE s&h. They're reeeeally chaging suckers these high shipping
charges twice!

I don't know how people get roped into this. I mean when you order
anything you get a total amout you authorize to a card with any Internet
purchase I've made. But then, I've never bought anything from a TV or
infomercial ad of any type.

Separate shipping and handling is a gimmick to allow them to sell for
$19.95. Once they have you on the phone or at the web site, they have you
pretty well hooked so the up-sell is easy. A few years ago I tried to order
something for my wife . It was easy to get started, but I had to go to a
few pages of suggested add-ons that I just gave up and told her to wait
until she can find it in the store.

The often quoted "free lifetime refills" is also deceptive. They might
be "free" but it only costs $29 for S&H.