Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
RoyJ RoyJ is offline

Default Starting capacitor sizing

If you can read the nameplate, look closely - normally there's a
call-out for size and voltage ratings.

Hey, I'm not THAT slow on the draw! I looked, the label was quite
clear, no capacitor data.

And if not, call Westinghouse with the model and serial number and
ask - sometimes they still have the old records available.

This application does not rise to the need for calling 'Circle W' I was
more looking for some sort of rule of thumb.

There's a LOT of old equipment out there still in daily service, and
sometimes people decide to rebuild rather than replace. And sometimes
you can't GET a new replacement without spending megabucks on
something custom, so you have to rebuild the old one.

Generally referred to as 'between a rock and a hard place'. BTDT.