Luigi Zanasi

Default WTB Canadian Tire Money

On Wed, 5 Nov 2003 23:48:45 -0500, "Eric Tonks"
scribbled

I have heard of some stores, for a special program to compete with Canadian
Tire, actually acepting Canadian Tire Money.

For Americans that wonder what we are talking about, the rebate coupons are
issued in denominations of 5c, 10c, 25c, 50c and $1.00. They are slightly
smaller than real money, but they are printed by the same people who print
the actual paper money, using the same process and a similar quality of
paper.

I have heard of some unscrupulous Canadian travelers actually paying hotel
or restaurant bills in foreign countries with the CTC money. The proprietor
would be furious when the bank rejected it.

For some history and samples:

http://www2.canadiantire.ca/CTenglish/ctmoney.html

Now you can get Canadian Tire Money on your special Crappy Tire
Mastercard (I have one). So you can get the electronic version of
Canadian Tire money on any purchase anywhere.

OBWW: Canadian Tire also sells Mastercraft tools (hand and power), of
about the same quality as their Sears counterparts.

Luigi
Replace "no" with "yk" twice
in reply address for real email address