Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Wes[_2_] Wes[_2_] is offline

Default DIY UAV -- RC Helicopter with .45 handgun attached

"RogerN" wrote:

The heli in the video says it was a Bergen gasser, I have a Bergen Intrepid
.90 4-stroke. I think it's the same heli as the Intrepid Gas except the
motor mount/lower frames are different between the Gas, 4-Stroke, and
2-Stroke. Bergen also makes larger heli's with camera mounts, etc.
including turbine powered model heli's.

http://www.bergenrc.com/

The gas heli's have a 2-stroke gasoline engine similar to a weedeater and
can run a half hour or so on a tank of fuel. The glow fuel heli's usually
have a tank sized for 10 or so minutes flying.

There is a new hobby shop in town. Nice guy, I doubt he has a chance of making it though.
Failed on the location, location, location thing. Town of 4000 off the main road.

Almost broke out the debit card on a helo yesterday. (not the credit card)

Got to pay off the propane bill, finish off the heated in winter machine room in corner of
garage er shop before I engage in buying another toy.

Doing niche retail in the days of mail order over the internet is a scary place to be.

When I get closer to pulling the trigger on the helo, I'll re-read your comments you made
last winter. I really want a helo. The package I'd carry would be a camera. I am not
into the coaxial large scale air hog equivalents. I want it to have all the functions of a
real helo.

Wes