Posted to uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair
dpb dpb is offline

Default Window Sill tiles scratched with carborundum stone

john royce wrote:
Stupidly I thought they would clean up well with a carborundum stone, but
soon realized that they were *glazed* and I have now made a right mess of a
couple of them. See the two to the right of the broken tile that I'm in
the process of taking out.

...suggestions...as to what I'm best doing to try and repair scratched tiles?

I'd either ignore it or replace them along w/ the broken one. Outside
nobody's going to ever notice much anyway.

You could try polishing (a la finishing Corian, etc.) but imo it would
be much effort for little purpose.