Posted to uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair
john royce john royce is offline

Default Window Sill tiles scratched with carborundum stone

The tiled window sill on the front of our house had been painted years ago
and the paint was peeling off.

So although a long job I patiently scraped off all the paint. Then
discovered that a couple had been damaged and just filled with a filler and
painted over.

I'm in the process of removing one. See web pictu

http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=2rg1jd2&s=5

Stupidly I thought they would clean up well with a carborundum stone, but
soon realized that they were *glazed* and I have now made a right mess of a
couple of them. See the two to the right of the broken tile that I'm in
the process of taking out.

I really don't want to paint them again unless I have to, since I 've a
feeling its just going to peel again in a couple of years. Any suggestions
as to what I'm best doing to try and repair scratched tiles?