Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] tnom@mucks.net is offline

Default NiCd vs. NiMh

On Wed, 1 Jul 2009 20:22:35 -0700 (PDT), WhiteTea77581
wrote:

After reading the discussion about battery packs I had a question.

I am looking for feedback on battery life of the NiCD versus the NiMh.

I use NiMh batteries in my camera flash and find that they have more
power but don't keep a charge very long.

Andy

My two cents. I've been using NIMH batteries for years. With the
introduction of inexpensive low self discharge NIMH batteries there
really is no drawback to using them. These batteries are the Sanyo
Eneloops, or any other brand termed to be hybrid.

As far as chargers go......Buy the cheapest, slowest dumb
charger/chargers you can and plug them into the cheapest
electrical timer you can find. Set the timer for a couple hours
a day and you'll always have a fresh set of batteries, you'll
never have to worry about overcharging, and you'll have
more money in your pocket for other toys.