Posted to alt.home.repair
aemeijers aemeijers is offline

Default Celebrate our freedoms this 4th of July

HeyBub wrote:
wrote:
The repub's are in so much angst at being out of power they are racing
for microphones to confess their marital transgressions. Can't even
do that very well.....I doubt there has ever been a flakier bunch of
fools than present membership. Mebbe Rush will pick us a good
prezdint.

I agree. There are only three things one can do when a bad story circulates:

1. Confirm it
2. Deny it
3. Ignore it

Sanford chose to confirm. There are, however, many ways to confirm. Had I
found myself in Sanford's position I would have said: "I couldn't help it.
She was a hottie. She was on me like white on rice!"

As for the next GOP nominee for president, I can envision a scenario where
Dick Cheney is drafted. Otherwise, we do have a well-qualified, experienced,
candidate waiting in the wings: He was:

* War hero
* A precinct chairman
* County chairman
* Two-term congressman
* Executive director of the Republican National Committee
* Ambassador to the United Nations
* Ambassador to the Peoples Republic of China
* Director of Central Intelligence
* Two terms as Vice President of the United States
* One term as President of the United States

Agreed, he is twice the man his son is. And if there had been an
organized write-in campaign for him in 2000 or 2004, he probably could
have beaten his son. But he is way too old at this point. Sure, he did
the stunt tethered parachute jump. But did you see him at the
inauguration? I fully expected to read an article about him being in the
hospital with pneumonia the next day- he looked awful. Let the old man
rest and enjoy whatever time he has left. Being POTUS is killer
stressful for a young strong man, much less an elderly one.

--
aem sends...