Posted to alt.home.repair,sci.electronics.repair,alt.engineering.electrical
Dave M[_2_] Dave M[_2_] is offline

Default AC repair question

"Deodiaus" wrote in message
The other issue came up when I was looking at the new motor.
The one I had was a one speed motor.
The new one is 3 speed.
Ok, which speed should I choose?
High, med, or low?
I guess a high speed will give you more circulation, but consume more
electricity.
Any estimates on how much this will affect my energy consumption?
Should I just punt and chose medium speed?
--

Look at the nameplate on the old motor. The rated speed should be there.
Choose the same (or closest) speed on the new motor and wire it up

Cheers
Dave M.