Posted to alt.home.repair
HeyBub[_3_] HeyBub[_3_] is offline

Default Celebrate our freedoms this 4th of July

The Daring Dufas wrote:
DGDevin wrote:
The Daring Dufas wrote:

I've been watching the show for over a half century.
The musicians change but the song remains the same.
Republicans are evil, Democrats are wicked, what's
the difference?

TDD

The difference this time around seems to be that the recent ravings
of the left-wingnuts in part turned out to be well-founded. As it
turns out the govt. really was enlisting the nation's ISPs to
monitor our e-mail, the WMDs really were works of fiction and so on
and so forth. As for the right-wingnuts they not only can't keep
their feet on the ground, they're happier in low orbit--Obama is a
secret Muslim, Obama's birth certificate is a forgery and blah blah
blah. It's no wonder the percentage of Americans who will admit to
being Republican has fallen to 21%, the lowest since before Reagan
took office. I hope the party bottoms-out soon and begins
rebuilding without the wingnut faction in the driver's seat, because
leaving the Democrats totally in charge for too long is probably not
a good idea either.

Sigh.

Yea, when the religious wackos seem to take over the party,
they really screwed up. The idiot attorney general spending
thousands of dollars to cover some classic statues because
the things were nude,

They put up a pipe-and-drape (like you see at trade shows) for Ashcroft's
press conference so the background would not distract from the presentation.

pushing laws against medical research
on religious grounds.

Surely you don't mean medical research trumps everything? That's what Joseph
Mengele thought.

Good grief, what were they thinking?
You don't have to be overly religious to have good moral
values. As far as WMD's go, the tyrant kept bragging and
threatening that he was going to kill everyone so he got
what he deserved. Get on the phone and call your local cops
and tell them that you have a WMD and you're gonna kill
everybody. You will be full of holes in no time. The only
difference between Republicans and Democrats seems to be
which parts of The Constitution they want to do away with.
Republicans can't seem to stay out of your bedroom and your
bloodstream and Democrats can't stay out of your pocketbook
and your mind. My head hurts.

Good points.