Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.gardens
JoeSpareBedroom[_3_] JoeSpareBedroom[_3_] is offline

Default Creating dead zone around AC unit

My central air conditioning unit is located in a spot where the eaves are so
deep that even after lots of rain, it's still bone dry, but bindweed finds
the area delightful and it's eating my air conditioner. I thought of
covering the whole area with plastic and then a few inches of stones right
up to the foundation, but I have another concern. In winter, it's not
uncommon for several feet of snow to drift into that corner. When it melts,
I'm not sure I want that much water ponding in the plastic and overflowing
along the edges near the cinder block. The basement's always been dry, but
still, something about the plastic idea seems iffy. So, some sort of
landscape fabric seems like a better option.

Regardless of the material on top, I'm thinking of edging it with Trex
buried with just enough above ground to contain 2-3 inches of stones.

Comments?