Posted to uk.d-i-y
NT[_2_] NT[_2_] is offline

Default solar powered air brick

On Jul 3, 6:33*pm, geoff wrote:
A friend has made the following request elsewhere, and doesn't use
newsgroups

"we have a small *larder at the back of the kitchen (it used to be the
outside loo). It *has two airbricks for ventilation - one low down that
opens onto the *cool passageway between the houses, the other high up on
the back wall.

In the Summer, it gets too hot, despite insulation. So I'd like to
install a small solar-powered fan to assist with circulating
comparatively cool air in from the passageway. There are a few kits
around, but what I'm really after is an airbrick with a fan in it -
preferably a centrifugal one as it's fit the rectangular shape better.

Does anyone have any knowledge, experience or ideas please? As a default
I'll get a kit and botch the physical interface to the airbrick."

sensible recommendations, anyone ?

4" PC fan is probably as near as you'll get to that. Run it all night
long, not in the day time.
There are other ways to improve the coolness too. A very basic one is
a frozen 1 litre tetrapak.

NT