Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected][_2_] man@privacy.net[_2_] is offline

Default The end of newsgroups?

On Sun, 28 Jun 2009 07:07:50 -0400, Phisherman wrote:

:On Sat, 27 Jun 2009 21:37:09 -0700, Smitty Two
wrote:
:
:In article ,
: aemeijers wrote:
:
:
:
: Of course, this will make it even harder for the newbies to understand
: that Usenet is not Google Groups, since that is what most regulars on a
: budget will end up using.
:
: --
: aem sends...
:
:And as has been mentioned, Google's interface is god awful. I don't know
:why anyone would actually choose to use it.
:
:
:Maybe because it is free? I am a long-term Usenet user and not about
:to start paying for it after AT&T (supposedly) pulls the Usenet plug
:in 2 weeks. AT&T has a lot of customers, I'm sure there will be users
:that stop using Usenet.

Is AT&T really pulling the plug on usenet? I'm SBC Yahoo/ATT/Pacbell for
many years. Does this mean I can no longer download headers/bodies for
usenet? If that's true I may have to look for a new ISP. I use Usenet a
LOT.

Dan