Posted to uk.d-i-y
NT[_2_] NT[_2_] is offline

Default Tips for releasing paint sealed sash windows

On Jul 2, 5:09*pm, larkim wrote:
On Jul 2, 5:06*pm, Adrian C wrote:

Andrew Mawson wrote:

* I have sash windows

that are painted shut at the top (possibly inside and out).

Where do I start?!?

Thin putty knife and patience

Beware of the Angle Grinder approach ...

--
Adrian C

Sound advice ;-)

I know where I can buy a thin putty knife - anyone know any good
retailers for patience, as last time I tried something similar I
seemed to be missing it....

Matt

No need to buy a putty knife, a big kitchen knife would do fine, one
without fine serrations. Its preferable to run it down the join
several times than to dig it in and pull downward, less chance of
minor damage and easier.

Where to buy patience? Whenever I try they seem to be out of stock,
and I just dont have the patience to wait.

NT