Posted to uk.d-i-y
tony sayer tony sayer is offline

Default OT; Virgin Media service.

In article , dmc scribeth
thus
In article ,
OG wrote:

Retired church friend had a problem with her VM dsl a couple of weeks back.
She called VM

Ah, there is the mistake in my experience. Ringing VM can be a bit of a
lottery...

I have however (as have friends) found that contacting them via their
support usenet newsgroup (admittedly requires your VM line to be working -
or borrow a neighbours ) or via their twitter address to be fantastic.

You get a real person not just some call centre script reading droid and
they all seem to be uk based (in fact, they appear to share an office).

In fact all utilities would do well to bring their call centres back to
the UK..

Thats one reason its such a pleasure dealing with Zen for the ADSL
service we use elsewhere, they have a UK call centre well if you
consider *Rochdale to be in the UK..

*Well I suppose the peoples republic of Lancashire to be in the UK..
--
Tony Sayer