Posted to uk.d-i-y
tony sayer tony sayer is offline

Default OT; Virgin Media service.

Retired church friend had a problem with her VM dsl a couple of weeks back.
She called VM
"Oh, we are planning on changing your modem anyway next month as part of the
upgrade to higher speed broadband, we'll not do anything until then"
So she's without mail and broadband for the best part of a month. I was
disgusted.

Probably because she rang the cable company support instead of the
DSL side and they assumed she was talking about a cable modem and not
a DSL modem. The two never meet and do not talk the same language.

Yeabut she shouldn't have to have done that or even known they are like
that, all she was concerned with was getting her BB service back!..

And on that note I'm pleased to say that we've only had around Two
outages in the last Three years and one of them was due to "give paddy a
digger and a hole in the road"...
--
Tony Sayer