Posted to uk.d-i-y
tony sayer tony sayer is offline

Default OT; Virgin Media service.

In article , OG
scribeth thus

"The Medway Handyman" wrote in message
. com...
Modem died on Monday PM, part of the telly/landline/internet package.
Modem 10-12 years old?

Called Virgin Media around 7pm. Guy said he would send a new modem FOC,
it would take 3 days to arrive. It arrived today, took 5 mins to install
following the idiot guide supplied.

Not even charging me for the time I was off line.

I call that excellent after sales service.

Retired church friend had a problem with her VM dsl a couple of weeks back.
She called VM
"Oh, we are planning on changing your modem anyway next month as part of the
upgrade to higher speed broadband, we'll not do anything until then"
So she's without mail and broadband for the best part of a month. I was
disgusted.

Well she should have asked to be put through to the cancellations dept
that works wonders..
--
Tony Sayer