Posted to uk.d-i-y
Adrian Adrian is offline

Default OT; Virgin Media service.

"OG" gurgled happily, sounding much like they
were saying:

Retired church friend had a problem with her VM dsl a couple of weeks
back. She called VM
"Oh, we are planning on changing your modem anyway next month as part of
the upgrade to higher speed broadband, we'll not do anything until then"
So she's without mail and broadband for the best part of a month. I was
disgusted.

Hold on one mo...

If she's on DSL, why doesn't she just go out and buy a bog standard DSL
modem/router? £30 or so for a cheapie, £40 for a good 'un, £50 with
wireless from somebody like BroadbandBuyer. It'd be back up and kicking
by tomorrow - or pay a chunk more, go to PCWoe or their ilk, and be back
this afternoon.

Gawd alone knows why people go to VM for DSL. For cable, yes - they're
the only game in town. For DSL? No. Just... no. Mind you, none of the
pikey end of the domestic DSL suppliers are any better for customer
service. That's how they're so cheap. Pay money, take choice.