Posted to uk.d-i-y
dmc dmc is offline

Default OT; Virgin Media service.

In article ,
OG wrote:

Retired church friend had a problem with her VM dsl a couple of weeks back.
She called VM

Ah, there is the mistake in my experience. Ringing VM can be a bit of a
lottery...

I have however (as have friends) found that contacting them via their
support usenet newsgroup (admittedly requires your VM line to be working -
or borrow a neighbours ) or via their twitter address to be fantastic.

You get a real person not just some call centre script reading droid and
they all seem to be uk based (in fact, they appear to share an office).

http://help2.virginmedia.com/help/ge...newsgroups_faq

http://twitter.com/Virginmedia

(the latter will often require you to have at least attempting to ring
CS first though )

"Oh, we are planning on changing your modem anyway next month as part of the
upgrade to higher speed broadband, we'll not do anything until then"
So she's without mail and broadband for the best part of a month. I was
disgusted.

Exactly the sort of thing to tweet at VM - poor service from CS tends to
get followed up effectively on there.

Darren