Posted to alt.home.repair
Red Green Red Green is offline

Default Wather station

"Ed" wrote in
:

"Red Green" wrote in message
I'll have to see about a mount location. I'm leaning towards mounting
it on the upper part of the roof rake end about 12'. The soffiet is
pretty wide so maybe I can mount the temp sensor there so it's in the
shade. Of course that presents that that area can tend to attract
warmer air. As far as extending it upwards, I found the short post
that came with it fits perfectly inside 3/4" copper pipe. At least
that is fairly light, rigid and can be painted. Was originally
thinking some plastic PVC pipe be even short lengths of a few feet
would be too flexible during windy times.

It's kind of neat that all the sensor connections are nothing more
than standard phone lines and jacks. Have to look into it but if the
ones that are with it are wired just like a phone, possible I can put
the wind and rain sensor in their ideal location and the temp sensor
much farther away in it's ideal location.

But wait! There's more!...I'm sure :-)

I have mine on a temporary pole. My wife wants me to put a 4 x 4 in
the corner of the deck to hang a planter. I'm thinking I can mount the
station on the top or the other side. I too, have noticed the
temperature high in the sun, but I'm not sure by exactly how much yet
so I may extend the cord down below the deck where it will be in the
shade. My deck is 8' above grade so there will not be any ground
reflection.

Well when the stabilized temp in the shade was 97 today I moved it in the
sun for like 10-15min. It read 102.