Posted to uk.d-i-y
Tim S Tim S is offline

Default Arsecarrots! Or, Asphaltic crap, floor planers and general brutality - and builder related death

Bolted coughed up some electrons that declared:

Interesting - I'm surprised they weren't more bold, given you describe
it as a brittle layer rather than sticky.

I don't know how the price compares, but Ardex have a primer called
P-82 which seems to be recommended for bitumen, as do Weber with
PR-301. But with sandy areas...

Also interesting...

Ball have an epoxy DPM called F76 - have you come across this? Claims to
deal with rising damp (if any) and it's not *that* expensive. There's also
Stopgap 900 which is used under F76 should the substrate be too bumpy to
coat well (that'll be the old wall base and the bit in front of the fire).

Then P131 and Stopgap 300 to top off.

Wonder why they didn't mention those yesterday - I'll ring them again and
put it too them. Need scarifying but with the ease the old crap is coming
off, taking much of the Blackjack with it, that shouldn't take long with a
suitable machine.

Ideally, I'm keen to use a system that finishes with a product I know, for
obvious reasons

Cheers

Tim