Greg O

Default Central Machinery table saw?

"Chris Merrill" wrote in message
. com...
Greg O wrote:
I would pass, seems everyone is!

Well, just to satisfy everyone's curiosity...I'm the one who bought it!

I called the guy...he said the motor runs fine. The place is only
15 minutes from me...so pickup is no problem. I don't need a TS, just
a 2HP motor to build a cyclone dust collector. $40 is not a bad price.

I'll likely take the rest of the saw to our local woodworkers tool auction
later this month...with a starting bid of $1. If it doesn't sell, it'll

go
to the dump. But I'll bet it sells for at least $10...which gets me a
2hp motor for $30.

My thanks go out to Phil for posting it!

Chris

Well there you go! I suppose it is not too bad of a price for a motor, but
Harbor Freight has a two HP motor, regular price $59, with free freight, I
wonder if it was worth the rouble! $20 more would have got you a new motor,
with warranty, delivered to your door.
Greg