Phil Crow

Default Central Machinery table saw?

When I looked at

the price was $40 with no bids and less than one day on the auction.
It would seem that the 2hp motor alone would be worth considerably
more than $40. What gives? Do they have a huge 'handling' fee?

Thanks for the insight.

-Phil Crow
GTO69RA4

Several reasons it's so cheap. Auction is terrible and lacks a decent
description, it's a generic saw sold under a low-end importer's brand, it's
missing parts, and you'd have to be in the area to make it worthwhile without
shipping.

GTO(John)

When I looked at

the price was $40 with no bids and less than one day on the auction.
It would seem that the 2hp motor alone would be worth considerably
more than $40. What gives? Do they have a huge 'handling' fee?

Thanks for the insight.

-Phil Crow

Wood Butcher

And nowhere does he state that the motor works. Or even
turns freely by hand.
His "warrantee" pretty much says it all.

Art

"GTO69RA4" wrote in message
Several reasons it's so cheap. Auction is terrible and lacks a decent
description, it's a generic saw sold under a low-end importer's brand, it's
missing parts, and you'd have to be in the area to make it worthwhile without
shipping.

GTO(John)

When I looked at

the price was $40 with no bids and less than one day on the auction.
It would seem that the 2hp motor alone would be worth considerably
more than $40. What gives? Do they have a huge 'handling' fee?

Thanks for the insight.

-Phil Crow

T.

Mon, Nov 3, 2003, 2:59pm (EST-3) (Phil=A0Crow)
When I looked at snip

Maybe I missed it, but I didn't see anything about if it runs,
anything come with it, etc. I'm just figuring it's used.

Did you check the other items he's selling? Definitely some first
class merchandise.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...item=3D315 2=
979949

JOAT
My aim is to get through life peacefully, with as little interferrnce
from human beings as possible.

Life just ain't life without good music. - JOAT
Web Page Update 3 Nov 2003.
Some tunes I like.
http://community-2.webtv.net/Jakofal...OMETUNESILIKE/

Greg O

"Phil Crow" wrote in message
m...
When I looked at

the price was $40 with no bids and less than one day on the auction.
It would seem that the 2hp motor alone would be worth considerably
more than $40. What gives? Do they have a huge 'handling' fee?

Thanks for the insight.

-Phil Crow

Looks a little scary. Does the motor run? No fence, no blade insert, one
wing missing, freight to go it home, unless you are close enough to drive
it. To many questions for a saw you can get delivered to your door for less
than $340 new!
I would pass, seems everyone is!
Greg

kb8qlr

Don't look like much to me either.

--
Be sure to check out Joe's and Betty's webpages...
http://www.angelfire.com/jazz/kb8qlrjoe/index.html
"T." wrote in message
Mon, Nov 3, 2003, 2:59pm (EST-3) (Phil Crow)
When I looked at snip

Maybe I missed it, but I didn't see anything about if it runs,
anything come with it, etc. I'm just figuring it's used.

Did you check the other items he's selling? Definitely some first
class merchandise.

JOAT
My aim is to get through life peacefully, with as little interferrnce
from human beings as possible.

Life just ain't life without good music. - JOAT
Web Page Update 3 Nov 2003.
Some tunes I like.
http://community-2.webtv.net/Jakofal...OMETUNESILIKE/

Greg O

Geez, goofy computers/servers,whatever!
I sent the first post yesterday, but it did not show tonight, so I resent
it. I check two minutes later and they are BOTH here!
Greg

In article ,
Greg O wrote:

Geez, goofy computers/servers,whatever!
I sent the first post yesterday, but it did not show tonight, so I resent
it. I check two minutes later and they are BOTH here!

FWIW, despite being dated a more than a day earlier, your 1st copy was
seen by the newsserver I use less than 20 minutes before the 2nd one.

It can take a few minutes for a message to actually be accepted by the
server, after you 'send' it,

I'm guessing you may have disconnected 'too soon', after writing the 1st
message, and it finally went through when you reconnected.

Chris Merrill

Greg O wrote:
I would pass, seems everyone is!

Well, just to satisfy everyone's curiosity...I'm the one who bought it!

I called the guy...he said the motor runs fine. The place is only
15 minutes from me...so pickup is no problem. I don't need a TS, just
a 2HP motor to build a cyclone dust collector. $40 is not a bad price.

I'll likely take the rest of the saw to our local woodworkers tool auction
later this month...with a starting bid of $1. If it doesn't sell, it'll go
to the dump. But I'll bet it sells for at least $10...which gets me a
2hp motor for $30.

My thanks go out to Phil for posting it!

Chris

--
************************************
Chris Merrill

(remove the ZZZ to contact me)
************************************

Greg O

"Chris Merrill" wrote in message
. com...
Greg O wrote:
I would pass, seems everyone is!

Well, just to satisfy everyone's curiosity...I'm the one who bought it!

I called the guy...he said the motor runs fine. The place is only
15 minutes from me...so pickup is no problem. I don't need a TS, just
a 2HP motor to build a cyclone dust collector. $40 is not a bad price.

I'll likely take the rest of the saw to our local woodworkers tool auction
later this month...with a starting bid of $1. If it doesn't sell, it'll

go
to the dump. But I'll bet it sells for at least $10...which gets me a
2hp motor for $30.

My thanks go out to Phil for posting it!

Chris

Well there you go! I suppose it is not too bad of a price for a motor, but
Harbor Freight has a two HP motor, regular price $59, with free freight, I
wonder if it was worth the rouble! $20 more would have got you a new motor,
with warranty, delivered to your door.
Greg

On Wed, 05 Nov 2003 16:57:49 GMT, Chris Merrill
wrote:

Greg O wrote:
I would pass, seems everyone is!

Well, just to satisfy everyone's curiosity...I'm the one who bought it!

I called the guy...he said the motor runs fine. The place is only
15 minutes from me...so pickup is no problem. I don't need a TS, just
a 2HP motor to build a cyclone dust collector. $40 is not a bad price.

I'll likely take the rest of the saw to our local woodworkers tool auction
later this month...with a starting bid of $1. If it doesn't sell, it'll go
to the dump. But I'll bet it sells for at least $10...which gets me a
2hp motor for $30.

My thanks go out to Phil for posting it!

Chris

I used my old delta tablesaw to mount my grinders and jigs on. the
motor was burt so i removed all the mechanics and drillled the top and
taped the holes. my wet grinder is on one side and the slow speed
grinder on the other. mounted the wolverine jig also. makes a real
nice sharpening setup. skeez
Bob Davis

I've never seen a dual voltage motor that really produced 2 hp, especially
with an automotive style v-belt. Maybe its one of those old "peak
horsepower" ratings.

Bob