Posted to uk.d-i-y
Bob Minchin[_2_] Bob Minchin[_2_] is offline

Default OT; Virgin Media service.

The Medway Handyman wrote:
Modem died on Monday PM, part of the telly/landline/internet package. Modem
10-12 years old?

Called Virgin Media around 7pm. Guy said he would send a new modem FOC, it
would take 3 days to arrive. It arrived today, took 5 mins to install
following the idiot guide supplied.

Not even charging me for the time I was off line.

I call that excellent after sales service.

I had a very similar experience with VM a few months back.

I find it quite interesting that we have been so conditioned by poor
service that we tend to comment when we get the sort of service we
always hope for?!!

Some years ago when I moved from NTL dial-up to their Broadband, the
installer gave me his mobile number and said to call him if I had any
problems in the first couple of weeks and thereafter gave me a freephone
number to bypass the high charging helpline for free.

Bob