Posted to alt.home.repair
Joe Joe is offline

Default Dryer Vent Problem

On Jul 1, 10:29*am, mcp6453 wrote:
My electric dryer is backed up to an outside wall. I am having heck of a
time getting a vent to seal tightly.

snip

Installation usually goes well with precision location of the wall
duct. Center the rear dryer leveling screws to determine the height
off the floor where the new duct must be. Install duct/flapper, etc.,
with a slight slope downward to the outside. If you've done it right,
a short piece of well crimped duct fastened to the dryer outlet will
slide right in place, Some fiddling with leveling screws might be
needed. You're smart to have the dryer vent that way and not
compromise performance with a convoluted long duct run.

Joe