Posted to alt.home.repair
dpb dpb is offline

Default Dryer Vent Problem

mcp6453 wrote:
My electric dryer is backed up to an outside wall. I am having heck of a
time getting a vent to seal tightly. When the dryer is in place, the
vent outlet almost touches the outside wall. I'm thinking I may have to
attach a 6" vent pipe to the dryer and then push the dryer in place
while guiding the pipe through the wall. Then I would need to put the
flapper on the pipe sticking through the wall.

Is there an easier way? Is there some sort of wall mounted receptacle
that allows the dryer to be push up to it without having to physically
connect a vent pipe?

In one house I aligned the exhaust outlet precisely from the dryer
outlet (was remodeling at the time so it was no additional effort) and
used a straight section of rigid duct. Took a little maneuvering to get
it on, but doable. (Never had to deal w/ issue of a different dryer... )