Posted to alt.home.repair

Default OT--USB turntable

On 6/30/2009 7:49 PM spake thus:

On Mon, 29 Jun 2009 21:51:38 -0700, David Nebenzahl
wrote:

On 6/29/2009 8:37 PM Pdk Pdk spake thus:

Looking to buy my brother something to record his old vinyl
collection onto a computer.
A local store has a closeout sale on Ion USB turntables for $75 each.
As a technical weakling, I'm consulting y'all to see if anyone's
tried this unit or has any ideas regarding what I should be looking for.
It seems like an easy to use unit, but I don't want to buy the wrong
thing.

I'd be skeptical. Sounds like it might be a real POS.

Why not just get a *real* turntable (there are still ****loads of
them out there for sale) and run it through any inexpensive
receiver? You'll get much better results that way.

(But no, I haven't actually tried these devices.)

That won't get the music onto CD or MP3.

It will if you plug the receiver into the sound card. That's how I've
been doing it for years.