Posted to alt.home.repair

Default condenser unit sweating

On Tue 30 Jun 2009 01:22:00p, Phisherman told us...

I have an central A/C condenser unit in the basement that is sweating
and water is dripping onto the floor. Will more insulation help?
Currently, I have turned off the A/C and just running the blower fan.

I doubt insulation is the issue. More likely the drain line from the drain
pan under the condenser is either clogged or the drain pan has deteriorated
and formed a leak.

If the former, the line is easily cleaned out. If the latter, depending on
the degree of deterioration, you may be able to repair it with liquid solder
or bondo. If the deterioration is extensive, you may need a new draiin pan.

FWIW, I once lived in a condo where the drain line clogged with some
frequency. I usually cleaned it out at least 2-3 times each cooling season.

HTH

--
Wayne Boatwright
Red meat is not bad for you. Now blue ~green meat, that’s bad for