Posted to alt.home.repair
JIMMIE JIMMIE is offline

Default Bats (and I don't mean baseball)

On Jun 29, 10:08*pm, Pat wrote:
I have some bats in the attic of a house I own. *I'm not sure how many
but it's a colony. *I guess it's breeding season so there's some young-
uns. *I don't give a **** about them but I guess the exterminators
do. *If it were up to me, the removal process would involve
flamethrowers and hand grenades.

I have to guys coming. *On is a couple of hundred bucks and will put
in some repellent. *He says it'll drive them out. *The other guy puts
up some one-way valve and lets them leave but not return. *He wants to
wait till the juvies are old enough to fly so they don't get trapped
inside. *He says the repellent doesn't work and even if it did, it
might drive out the females and you'd have a bunch of dead juvies to
deal with. *The one-way valve guy also goes around the house and fills
in all little cracks to keep them out.

One is something like $200. *The other is something like $900.

Does anyone have any experience or knowledge on this, what works, what
doesn't work, etc. etc.

Thanks.

Bats did me a good favor. When I bought my house there were bats in
the attic and I wouldnt close on the house until they were gone or
they gave me the money to get rid of them. I got 2K off the house and
it took maybe a couple of hours to get rid of them and clean up the
mess. I have a couple of bat houses in the backyard for them now.

Jimmie