Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning,rec.woodworking
HeyBub[_3_] HeyBub[_3_] is offline

Default Wooden Knitting Needles

J. Clarke wrote:
HeyBub wrote:
Tanus wrote:
After a DAGS, SWMBO bought some needles from this place in Nova
Scotia: http://www.lismoresheepfarmwoolshop....dles/index.htm,
and is happy with them.

She's also looking for alternate sources, perhaps someone who
doesn't advertise on the web. Is there anyone here who does that
kind of work or knows of someone who does? You can respond here or
email.

Last night I saw a package of bamboo skewers at Walmart. They were
about 14" long and pointed. I guess you could put your own counter
weight on the non-pointy end...

Package of 100: $1.00.

Complain about Chinese products all you want, but I figure they know
how to make hand-held sticks.

Bit skinny for knitting needles, though, aren't they?

I have no idea. I'm a lover, not a knitter.

But you could make a dandy rubber-band crossbow for them.