Posted to rec.woodworking
CC[_4_] CC[_4_] is offline

Default friends working together in shop

"Swingman" wrote in message
news
wrote:
On Jun 30, 12:42 am, "CC" wrote:

My tools and shop and buddy or neighbor gets
hurt doing something. What do you do to keep
from possible legal problems associated with
an accident. How do you protect yourself
without first making a lawyer drawn up contract
with them?

The sad but easy answer is to refrain from having people
work at your
shop or on your premises.

See!! I knew damn good and well I was correct in having
sympathy for the guy, capture on News video a few years
ago, chasing his lawyer around a tree and shooting him ...

Noble pursuit ...

--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 10/22/08

Thanks for all the responses everyone, Seems as if the
system is
now set up so a couple guys cannot get together to build
something
for the pleasure of doing it without having to worry about
if are you going to
loose everything you have for a hobby or a pleasant evening.
Also shows what
can happen if an accident happens to someone other than
yourself and
the insurance companies and lawyers take it over and out of
your hands
Leaves a lot to think about if that comes up. Not what I was
hoping for
but I wanted to know the reality of what could result.
CC