Posted to alt.home.repair
JIMMIE JIMMIE is offline

Default Wiring in conduit

On Jun 30, 12:59*am, Smitty Two wrote:
In article ,

*Metspitzer wrote:
It is obvious when you ask the question......will 2A melt solder...
you really don't understand what is going on.

It's obvious to me that you're choosing not to follow the conversation,
and to change things to suit your own perversions. I do know what's
going on, but you're making up all kinds of random **** to satisfy
yourself that I don't. Even Doug the NEC junkie told Jimmie he was flat
wrong with his statement. Used practically the same words I did.

Out.

Please show me where I said 2 amps, I'll send you a dollar.. Yes the
NEC permits soldering but unless you are extremely competent at it its
a bad idea. Where I work we have 3 very capable electricians one with
32 years of experience but I know for a fact none of them can make a
decent solder joint. They were never taught how. It is no longer a
required skill in any electical training program I know of. Back in
its day you flunked your apprenticeship if you couldnt make a proper
solder joint so yes those were good connections.My grandfather was a
master electrican who later ran a depot for the railroad( not sure if
that was a promotion or not) but he taught me to solder a splice. I
must have soldered a hundred of them to have him tear them apart even
though after the first four or five they were all good splices.
According to him that was the normal training method of the time.
Anyone on this NG that has to ask whether they can use a soldering
joint is going to to get a resounding NO from me. I figure those who
are truly competent to do it have no need to ask. The same applies to
anyone asking to bend the the rules of the NEC.

Jimmie