Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
Warren[_3_] Warren[_3_] is offline

Default Wooden Knitting Needles

You might want to look for a dowel making jig or plans on how to make
one. There are a few out there. That would give you your consistant
size. Then you could use the pencil sharpener to get it closer to
right. The "keeper" on the needle doesn't "have" to be a sphere so
you could turn some disc and drill out the hole to the correct size.

On Mon, 29 Jun 2009 22:05:21 -0400, Tanus wrote:

I figured there was a skill involved, and my skills with the lathe are
pretty rudimentary. I didn't know about the size thing.

Dave suggested dowels and a pencil sharpener. I guess that falls into
the same thing of sizing, tho. But it's sure an easy alternative.

Tanus