Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning,rec.woodworking
Tanus Tanus is offline

Default Wooden Knitting Needles

Ralph E Lindberg wrote:
In article , Tanus wrote:

After a DAGS, SWMBO bought some needles from this place in Nova Scotia:
http://www.lismoresheepfarmwoolshop....dles/index.htm,
and is happy with them.

She's also looking for alternate sources, perhaps someone who doesn't
advertise on the web. Is there anyone here who does that kind of work or
knows of someone who does? You can respond here or email.

TIA

Tanus

AFARC, needles are tough, due to the exact sizing needed. I've done a
couple more my SWMBO, but they were difficult to get to the exact size
she wanted

I figured there was a skill involved, and my skills with the lathe are
pretty rudimentary. I didn't know about the size thing.

Dave suggested dowels and a pencil sharpener. I guess that falls into
the same thing of sizing, tho. But it's sure an easy alternative.

Tanus