Posted to alt.home.repair
Smitty Two Smitty Two is offline

Default Wiring in conduit

In article ,
Metspitzer wrote:

All those numbers have nothing to do with a circuit with a overload.
It is true that the resistance of the solder can be considered 0, but
that doesn't keep the temperature of the wire from getting hot under
an overload. The overload doesn't have to be caused by a bad splice.

WTF does an overload have to do with it? You can't just go throwing
random faults into the discussion on a whim. If you've got an overload
that's heating up the wires beyond the melting point of solder, and you
haven't tripped an overcurrent protector somewhere, you've got worse
problems than melted solder.

Jimmie says that more than two amps of current through solder will melt
the solder. Are you in his corner on that or not?

You should stick to 12V BTW

No thanks, I'm comfortable with AC. It doesn't scare me like it does
some folk.