Posted to alt.home.repair
DerbyDad03 DerbyDad03 is offline

Default Teen Driver Monitoring

On Jun 29, 4:00*pm, "
wrote:
DerbyDad03 wrote:
On Jun 29, 11:10 am, "
wrote:
komobu wrote:
Hi;
My daughter will be driving soon and I want to be able to monitor her
driving when I am not in the car. Some may say it is spying, but I
have made my mind up and I want to do it. My daughter is all for it as
well. She knows it will be in the car, and as a result, it will keep
her accountable.
I am looking for a gps system that will tell me speeds and where she
has driven. Most will also alert of jack rabbit starts and sudden
stops along with excessive g-forces during turns (Taking turns too
fast). I want all of this, but I also want a camera in the car mounted
on the rear-view mirror. I want to monitor how many friends she has in
the car at a given time and make sure she is focused on driving and
not her friends or the radio or texting or applying make-up or what
ever else kids may do while driving. I am hoping for a camera that
will take a snap shot of the interior of the vehicle say every 30
seconds and upload them to a website where I can monitor from any
internet connection.
If any of you are familiar with any of these teen driver monitors, I
would appreciate and recommendations.
If she is just beginning to drive, I wouldn't allow any other kids in
the car and would be with her enough to be sure she can handle the
unexpected. *One of my children wasn't allowed a license until she was
18, about 10 years too soon ) *I read about kids being killed all the
time, much too young for the time of night and distance from home where
they have accidents. *I'm a retired nurse, so worried about driving from
the time my children were born. *Trust but verify - know where they will
be, and then check occ. *I made a practice of knowing the parents of my
children's friends; when I didn't keep to my own rule, it was worrisome
on occasion. *I also told my kids that if they had a ride, and the
driver was drinking, that I would go ANYWHERE AT ANY TIME to pick them
up so they didn't ride with someone under the influence.- Hide quoted text -

I'm a retired nurse, so worried about driving from the time my
children were born.

What does your occupation have to do with it?

Do we bankers/waitresses/plumbers/ministers/actors/football players/
teachers/etc/etc not worry about our children?

I didn't imply that others worry less.

You probably haven't given CPR to a nineteen year-old with a crushed
chest and a compound fracture of a leg. *Or seen a baby thrown through a
windshield. *Or a newlywed with 90% third degree burns. *Or someone with
brain tissue running out their nose. *Or a face smashed in by running
into the rear end of a semi. *My children's high school had a memorial
page almost every year. *I kept mental note when I worked in the OR, and
about half of the victims that came to OR were involved in accidents
with drunks. *Drunks tended to be the less severely injured.

That's just about exactly what I thought your response would be.

"I didn't imply that others worry less."

Then what were you implying?

When you state that you worried "about driving from the time my
children were born" based on the fact that you are a retired nurse,
you appear to be implying that other professionals/laborers/
entertainers didn't. Otherwise, there is no need to bring up your
occupation.

Do you think the fact that you saw the results of the accidents more
often than others means you worried more - no wait, you said you
"didn't imply that others worry less". What's left? That we didn't
worry at all or that we started worrying later?

I'm just trying to understand what you were trying to say.