Posted to uk.d-i-y
george (dicegeorge) george (dicegeorge) is offline

Default [Long] Arsecarrots! Or, Asphaltic crap, floor planers and generalbrutality - and builder related death

Phil L wrote:
Tim S wrote:
Question:

What (bloody big) machine do I look for in the hire shop that will
scrape, in a violent and deadly fashion, the top couple of mm off a
strong sand/cement screed? Thinking something with carbide teeth that
move about, and a feck off big motor or petrol engine.

xxxxxxx
I hate to say I told you so, but I did, on several occasions that this floor
was nothing but a bodge waiting to go wrong and it has, and it will again
and it has already cost more than a new floor, with insulation, and now you
are going to throw even more money at it for a floor scrabbler (which don't
work BTW) and yet another lot of screed that will also crack up.

Ever heard the phrase 'bite the bullet'?

Dynamite?

[g]