Posted to alt.home.repair
George George is offline

Default Teen Driver Monitoring

JoeSpareBedroom wrote:
"komobu" wrote in message
Hi;

My daughter will be driving soon and I want to be able to monitor her
driving when I am not in the car. Some may say it is spying, but I
have made my mind up and I want to do it. My daughter is all for it as
well. She knows it will be in the car, and as a result, it will keep
her accountable.

I am looking for a gps system that will tell me speeds and where she
has driven. Most will also alert of jack rabbit starts and sudden
stops along with excessive g-forces during turns (Taking turns too
fast). I want all of this, but I also want a camera in the car mounted
on the rear-view mirror. I want to monitor how many friends she has in
the car at a given time and make sure she is focused on driving and
not her friends or the radio or texting or applying make-up or what
ever else kids may do while driving. I am hoping for a camera that
will take a snap shot of the interior of the vehicle say every 30
seconds and upload them to a website where I can monitor from any
internet connection.

If any of you are familiar with any of these teen driver monitors, I
would appreciate and recommendations.

Forget technology. You might be able to adapt this concept to achieve your
objective.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1YLmh5iDIhw

By the way, you're about 15 years too late to get your kid to do the right
thing when you're not around to enforce the rules.

Exactly, there should be a little voice playing in the kids brain at
this point that was planted early and cultured for a number of years.