Posted to alt.home.repair
Higgs Boson[_2_] Higgs Boson[_2_] is offline

Default Gas range lighters KO

On Jun 27, 6:10*pm, Art Todesco wrote:
Jim Elbrecht wrote:
Art Todesco wrote:

Jim Elbrecht wrote:

-snip-
About $30 per ignitor-
http://www.repairclinic.com/Magic-Ch...-Parts?s=b104a...

Long time *very happy* customer of repairclinic.com.

Jim
This is the business I want to be in
.... selling a part for $30 that costs me
about 30 cents.

So what is holding you back?

BTW- There may be 30cents worth of materials there-- but I'll bet that
part cost repairclinc $15-20. * Prove me wrong.

Jim

You're probably right. *I guess what
gets me is that, in my limited experience
of 2 stoves and several new ignitors and
electronic spark modules, none seem
to work well. *I'd spend $50 if they
would work properly. *None did.

Thanks to all. I'm not mechanically adept enough
to try purchasing and replacing ignitors. I'll
just keep on lighting those 3 burners with one of
those "match" lighters -- and grind my teeth about
whoever ignored instructions to clean carefully
around ignitors. Too bad they're so fragile.