Posted to rec.woodworking
Leon[_6_] Leon[_6_] is offline

Default Orbiltal(pendulum) jigsaw

"rooy" wrote in message
Hi all, one simple question.
I have to cut a straight line in a piece of laminated wood. Should I
use the orbital motion or not? The wood is about 1 1/2" thick and
about 24 inches wide and I'd like to have a clear cut since this is
going to be my next laminated kitchen countertop.

As Stephen indicated, going to orbital will only create a more agressive,
faster, and rough cut.

Someone also suggested me to use blades intented for metal instead of
wood as they are more "gentle" when biting into the laminated wood,
can you confirm this?

NO! If you want a smooth cut in wood buy blades with no set in the teeth.
Basically blades that are smooth on both sides. Bosch brand blades are
going to be a good choice in brands.

thanks in advance, I don't have a lot of familiarity with these tools