Posted to alt.home.repair
Robert Neville Robert Neville is offline

Default Building codes in China

"DGDevin" wrote:

Whoever signed off on putting up those buildings on what appears to be mud
might have a short trial with no appeal in his future.

There's no problem building on mud if you do it properly, but that usually means
scraping down to something more stable. Tthe caissons look woefully undersized,
both in diameter and length. They should have gone down to bedrock and been
about 10 times larger in diameter. If the other buildings were constructed the
same way, I'm guessing they'll have to be leveled. There's no way you could
externally reinforce those.

And no, I wouldn't want to be the engineer that signed off on those. Their
concept of justice is definitely not western.