Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Wild_Bill Wild_Bill is offline

Default Garage door openers

I just purchased some universal replacement SkyLink opener TX/RX products
that replace the manual GDO pushbutton, which you said was still working.
The package inludes a transmitter and a receiver/switch module.

The small RX module has it's own manual push switch, plus a coded receiver
that learns codes from up to 15 TX remotes (only SkyLink transmitters, I
assume).

The RX/switch module is simply spliced into the existing manual switch
leads. Power for the module is attained from the existing switch leads.
If the GDO is so old that there is inadequate voltage at the existing switch
leads, a 12VDC wall adapter is used to supply power to the SkyLink RX/switch
module.

The keychain-type TX device is a standard 1-button device that uses an A23
battery.

These kits were priced at $2.97 on the clearance table at that Shack store.
http://www.skylinkhome.com/us/produc...l_remotes.html

--
Cheers,
WB

wrote in message
I was asked to look at an old lady's garage door opener. She says that
the opener works from the button inside the garage but the remote does
not. It just happened yesterday and it seems like we've had some
lightning come through the area over the pasr few days as well. Her
failure may be more than coincidental. I recall working on a couple of
openers several years ago during the Summer months that had damaged
photoelectrics after a storm. What I can't remember though is how to
positively determine that the photos are bad and not the radio system.
I don't know which brand opener we're dealing with if it matters. Can
anyone familiar with these systems please offer some insight into
this. Thanks very much. Lenny