Posted to alt.home.repair
Red Green Red Green is offline

Default Weather station

"Ed Pawlowski" wrote in
:

"Red Green" wrote in message

http://www.pro-measure.com/ProductDe...Code=PWS%2D100
0T D% 2DX

Upping you one Ed.

If it was ordered through the Zephyr site, price is the same but
s&h for UPS ground is free.

https://www.zephyrinstrument.com/Pro...oductCode=PWS-
1000TD-X

You can bet I'll be emailing them today. It is shipped from the
same place. DAS Distribution Inc.
Zephyr Instrument Division
17 Connecticut South Drive
East Granby, CT 06026

By any chance have you come across the manual for it online? Be nice
to go over before it arrives. Did not see it on supplier/mfgr site.

My status shows as shipped but all the UPS site says is that they
received electronic shipping info but do not have the pkg yet.

No manual available on line that I can find. My order was shipped and
will arrive on Monday. The shipping weight is 9 pounds. You either
get a lot of stuff or a very heavy carton.

It will be a while before I can install the computer software though,
my computer is going to the shop tomorrow and will be a few days. The
other unit I had came with two outdoor units and the temperature
sensor I put under the deck out of the direct sun. The wind and rain
will go on the deck rail for now. I don't have a really good place
for them without going to the roof. Tall trees on two sides, detached
garage have to affect wind readings.

I was just going to get the TB without software anyway until you posted
the link to the TD-X with software at a much much better price. Hope the
inside unit easily clips on and off the the wall mount should I want to
plug the USB cable in. I do have a long USB cable with a booster but that
would be a PITA.

As far as the install, just do the best for what I have to work with. I
really know nothing about these but it seems some of the temp sensors can
be installed in the sun because they have a radiation barrier.

I found this about general installation recommendations but like I said,
just do the best for what I have to work with.

http://wiki.wunderground.com/index.php/PWS_-_Siting