Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Wiring in conduit

John Grabowski wrote:
You are demonstrating your inexperience in your statement. For one
thing "your own home" becomes someone else's home at some point.
True, one can determine that the conductor is shorted or open, but
when things are not

You should be able to do what you want in YOUR home. After all, it
would be YOUR family and YOUR friends that could be killed.

*Killing your own family and friends would certainly be rewarding
enough for doing whatever you want in your own home.

And if the extension he's planning is to his son's iron lung that he
has to have because he can no longer afford the expensive care at the
nursing facility?

*All the more reason to do the work properly to prevent failure.

There's always an exception to almost every rule, law, or code.

*Yeah I've heard about that "Needed killing" defense in some states.

I think that's called "The Texas Defense". Texans are known
for their pragmatism.

TDD