Posted to alt.home.repair
W. eWatson W. eWatson is offline

Default A Noisy Whirlpool in Window A/C

It's 4:45 am here with a temp of 67F outside. I started it. It puts out cold
air immediately, and the noise. The noise sounds like that produced by a
bicycle with a piece of stiff cardboard inserted into a spoked wheel. It's
the sort of noise kids used to do with bicycles to make them sound like a
motorcycle or a motor. Turn it off and it sounds like such a bicycle slowing
down. There's got to be something stuck in the fan. Later this morning,
when I can get some help pulling the a/c out of the window, I'll examine it
by opening it up.

--
W. eWatson

Web Page: www.speckledwithstars.net/