Posted to alt.home.repair
Bob F Bob F is offline

Default A Noisy Whirlpool in Window A/C

Big Bob wrote:
Motor needs oil?

"W. eWatson" wrote in message
It' got into the 90s today here, and I decided to turn on my
Whirlpool a/c, model acq062mm, and enjoy it in one room. It was
doing fine pushing out cold air, but the fan kept getting louder.
The sound is definitely connected to the rotation of the fan. I
finally stopped it and looked for the owner's manual. It was really
of no use. Any ideas? It was working quite well at the end of last
summer. Since a foot or more hangs out the window, maybe something
got into the fan area. --

I got a free A/C for an elderly friend a few years ago that had a very noisy
fan. I took the fan moror apart, took out the bearings, and replaced them for
about $15 at a bearing shop. It's still working great.

Take off the case and look if you think something might be rubbing on the fan.
It should only be a few screws.