Posted to alt.home.repair
Big Bob Big Bob is offline

Default A Noisy Whirlpool in Window A/C

Motor needs oil?

"W. eWatson" wrote in message
It' got into the 90s today here, and I decided to turn on my Whirlpool
a/c, model acq062mm, and enjoy it in one room. It was doing fine pushing
out cold air, but the fan kept getting louder. The sound is definitely
connected to the rotation of the fan. I finally stopped it and looked for
the owner's manual. It was really of no use. Any ideas? It was working
quite well at the end of last summer. Since a foot or more hangs out the
window, maybe something got into the fan area.
--
W. eWatson

Web Page: www.speckledwithstars.net/