Posted to alt.home.repair
dadiOH[_3_] dadiOH[_3_] is offline

Default Bondo vs Latex Putty?

WhiteTea77581 wrote:
On Jun 26, 9:45 am, "dadiOH" wrote:

The nice thing about Bondo (polyester putty) is that you can control
the set time to a degree. Even setting slowly it is *much* faster
(minutes) than epoxies (overnight); additionally, it doesn't blush
amines like epoxy nor does it degrade under UV like epoxy.

Thanks for the good info.

I think I will go with Bondo.

I am going to build a "form" for the repair using some scrap wood.

You really don't need a form but if you use one you'll have to do something
to keep the Bondo from sticking to it. Wax works but could be a problem
when painting.

But it will be a while, the temp right now is 101 degrees.

If it's you that is suffering I empathisize; if you are worrying about the
Bondo, don't...heat just cures it faster.

--

dadiOH

dadiOH's dandies v3.06...