Posted to uk.d-i-y
Newshound Newshound is offline

Default Good gloves

I like Kevlar gloves, which are similar, but provide good cut protection
as well.

Colin Bignell

Agree, I have used those too and they are almost certainly tougher and more
abrasion and cut resistant, but they are quite expensive and don't give you
the same "touch". Also they are probably not so good for the mistake when
you clump a fingertip between two blocks. Obviously, it is horses for
courses and they might not last as long as hide or kevlar if you were just
building a block or stone wall. But I found them superb when doing a mix of
jobs including trimming and replacing a few slabs, replacing bits of facia
board, re-hanging an exterior door, cutting gutters and downpipes, drilling
and screwing brackets into wood and stone, mixing small amounts of mortar
and concrete, and painting. And the grip is good enough to leave me
confident climbing up and down ladders and a scaffold tower.