Posted to alt.home.repair
RBM[_2_] RBM[_2_] is offline

Default Ceiling fan: brands?

"JoeSpareBedroom" wrote in message
"RBM" wrote in message

"JoeSpareBedroom" wrote in message
"RBM" wrote in message

For $200 you should be able to buy a very good quality, classic design
fan, from just about any manufacturer

Illogical, but fun to read.

Why so, pretty much beyond that price range you are paying for fancy
controls or styling. Every reputable company that builds classic style ,
or traditional style fans, will have a good quality fan in that price

Is there a plain vanilla Casablanca fan for $200?

Yes, and no. Here is a link to a site that sells traditional casablanca
fans. The fans that are less expensive are not "true casablanca" fans, but
imports that casablanca sticks their logo on. These are still pretty good
fans, as even in the less expensive market, casablanca still has a
reputation to uphold. The most traditional and probably the best selling fan
they make, the Panama, seems to go on sale every summer for something in the
$200 range. Of the hundreds of fans I've installed over the years, I've
installed more Panamas than any other model of fan, and barring a rare
defective unit, every single one of them runs balanced and silent.

http://lightingbygregory.com/lightin...aditional.html